Summary Page: Current House
Name: De Pere, St. Joseph Priory
Diocese: Green Bay
Postal Address information
Electronic Address information
Gallery: Click Here
Map: Click Here (Source: © MapQuest http://www.mapquest.com)
Monasticon Praemonstratense (III, 350)
Canonry founded September 28, 1898, as a dependency of the Abbey of Berne. Elevated to Priory status on November 5, 1902 and invested with self-jurisdiction. Elevated to Abbey on February 10, 1925. Abbey was moved in 1959 to St. Norbert Abbey, Broadway Ave., De Pere, Wisconsin.
Priory of St. Joseph was founded in 1959, as a dependency of St. Norbert Abbey, De Pere. Neighboring St. Joseph Parish and St. Joseph Priory are beautifully situated on the banks of the Fox River, within the boundaries of the campus of St. Norbert College, De Pere, Wisconsin.
The church, a work of vintage 1890s architecture and design has recently been fully restored to accentuate and enhance its brickwork, woodwork and original stained glass windows. Of particular note is the addition of a beautiful, wood and glass hexagonal shaped "oratory" between St. Joseph Church and the Priory Building, in which the Canons sing Divine Office.