Summary Page: Former House
Name: St. Radegund
Circary at the Time: Anglia Australis
Years of Activity: 1193-1536
Gallery: Click Here
Map: Click Here (Source: © MapQuest http://www.mapquest.com)
Monasticon Praemonstratense (II, 69)
Approximate modern location: In greater Dover, Kent. Today it lies within the borders of the village of Poulton. Just west of London Road in Dover, on the west side, are St. Radigund's Road, Abbey Road, and Poulton Close.
Elm-Number [See below]: 39*
Other Comments: Privately owned by the Moynen family, who have taken great care to preserve the extant remains. The family's home is the former Refectory of the house. Some stone at this abbey appears NOT to be native to the area, and it is likely that it (a Premonstratensian golden yellow hue) was imported from the region around Caen, Normandy.
* This listing (and the numbers, with a few adjustments after 1995) is based on the map contained in Kaspar Elm's Norbert von Xanten: Adliger, Ordensstifter, Kirchenfürst, Wienand Verlag, Köln, 1984, page 328-329.